Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Foundation work fully underway

It's been a long extended weekend since I last made an entry.  I suddenly exploded in case of strep infection during the night Friday night, complete with 103 temps and alternating periods of shivering cold and dripping in sweat. As an added bonus, this was Christina's weekend to cover at the hospital so she was gone 7:30 am to 9:00 pm both Saturday and Sunday.  I was beat to say the least!  Seth was my hero though because he watched the kids Sunday afternoon so I could go to urgent care, and got them McDonald's for dinner!  Still was miserable all day Monday, but now on Tuesday I'm starting to get back to normal...just in time to drive out to the site this morning to pick a spot for the well.

As I was typing up the most recent entry last Friday, the excavator was already out at the site digging out the garage.  He was back on Monday and finished digging out the foundation completely.  I drove out there this morning to meet the well driller and Jamie but the first people to show up were the foundation guys who were there to start setting up stuff in preparation for pouring the footings later this week.

Jamie, Dan (well dude) and I checked out the location suggested by Mark for the well.  It's in the corner of the backyard.  But there are still some more trees that I want cleared, so it's not really in what will be the final backyard corner.  Jamie still needs to talk to Chris (excavator) about the additional trees I want cut, then we should be able to shove the well more to what ultimately will be the edge of the yard.  Dan says that well depths are all over the board in this area...some really shallow, and some really deep.  Let's just keep hoping for shallow!

This morning I took some new pictures with the foundation dug and the entire land/slope reshaped:

Looking south toward the front of the house.  Front of garage is on right side of picture, front porch is on left side of picture further back:

Still looking south, just up closer to the hole:

Standing at NE corner of the house, right outside the master bath:


and still standing at NE corner, but looking west toward garage:

View from SE corner, approximate location of well.  This is the master bedroom corner:


And a view from the side yard, looking west toward the house, as my assistant tries to keep up with me:

No comments:

Post a Comment